old timer

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Here’s one reason for my blog name

Nearly everyday I walk my dog, Joy, down our alleys here in North Everett.  We try to make it at least 1  to 1 1/2 miles twice a day.  Some times the weather just doesn’t like to cooperate.  You know what they say about the Pacific Northwest and our rain.  Sure!  It rains a lot and most of us are a little pale and rusted.  BUT!  Hey!  When you’re born and raised here you just walk through it and ignore it.  SO!  This morning we got a nice treat as it was sun shining like crazy.  Warm even!  That was a great plus.  SO, off we went.  We were only 3 blocks down the road when we spotted it!                 SCORE!!!!!


I couldn’t believe my eyes.  WELL!  I could too!  I mean come on how many women do you know have dreams of ever owning a Ryobi 10″ compound miter saw???  I know one…. me!!!  SO!  We pass it and check out the neighborhood.  Maybe some one put it there as bait?  You see only 3 houses down from that is our neighborhood drug house!  You know the one.  People going in and out all hours of the day and night.  The one where people of all ages text some one and then they go up the stairs and come back down in 30 to 60 seconds.  WELL!  I wanted to make sure every thing was okay.  And what do we see???  This neighbor was moving out.  Getting rid of “junk”.  Oh I love people who hate clutter!!!  Don’t you?  HUH?  You don’t.  LOL!  I DO!  So, we took the rest of our walk then strolled back to their house, picked up the saw and tried to boogie for home.  CRAP!  That thing was heavy.  Now, I’m far from my 20′s and way out of shape.  But, I normally handle picking up and carrying quite a bit of weight.  By the time I finally packed that thing home, 3 whole blocks, I was sweating, swearing, whining and so very happy I’ve trained my dog to push open the garden gates!!!  She’s so wonderful.  We put the saw up on the bench (the one I found in the alley 2 months ago!  But, that’s for another post.) in the back yard and headed inside the house. 

An hour later we cleaned “her” up and found the reason she’d been dumped in the alley. The bolt that holds the saw blade on is broken off inside the hole it screws into.
BUT!  That’s okay.  They make a tool for that.  All I have to do is hit the local hardware shop, play a little dumb, and they’ll tell me how to use my new tool.  I’m pretty good at playing dumb.  I found that when you do that, they love to help you (just don’t over do it).  So, while I think I know how to use the tool.  I’ll definitely know by the time I get home.  So, I’ll go home, fix it and Voila!!!  I’ll own a new $200 saw.  OK!!!  Cross your fingers.  That’s the way it’s supposed to go!  Wish me luck.  Look!  She’s as clean as she needs to be!


Do you ever go for walks?  Do you ever find any thing good when you do?  I mean… hey!  I find pennies all the time and bring them home.  OH!  Stop laughing.  I really do.  I use them as copper washers right after I drill a hole in them.  Tell me what you think of my score.

No comments:

Post a Comment