old timer

Saturday, May 26, 2012

What do you do with a broken shovel? Come see!

Hey guys!  Do you ever see some thing you want to make and it's way over your head OR you can't even imagine how much the "real" tools cost to make it???  WELL!  I do this all the time.  Then, after I'm done pouting!, I figure out what I can make within my "means" and just try it.  A while back there were some posts of these amazing shovels on Pinterest.  Some one had taken a plasma cutter of some kind and cut an intricate pattern on them.  I'm pretty sure they were done with a computerized, expensive set up.  WELL!  I got out my little hobby set up and went to town.  You see I have several shovels with broken handles.  NOW, I know!  I could have replaced the handles and gotten back to work with them. BUT!  These are shovels I've been picking up out of the alley, the recycle centers and junk stores.  At one point I had about 30.  I gave nearly all of those to a guy who does welded art for part of his living expenses.  He's amazing!  I know several amazing artists who weld.  When they see some thing I made ,,, I cringe!  I'm sure they're laughing behind my back.  BUT!  So far they have been wonderful and very supportive.  Thanks guys!


OKAY!  So!  Here's my take on what I saw on Pinterest!

Herbs with a swirl!

You can see where the handle broke.

Garden and curlies!

Yes, these and more will be at Sorticulture!

The rust you see will change after a very short time.  A couple rainy days and they'll be just as crusty as they should be!  :)

I'm working on a few more.  I hope to have at least 8 by the time Sorticulture arrives.

What do you think about the patterns???  The words???  Can you think of any thing else that might be fun?  Let me know, please.  One of the hardest things to do when you are in the middle of making some thing like this,,, is to change your ideas.  To go with some thing as simple as a different word.  Thanks!!!!  Don't be shy!  Just let me know what could be better or different!  Thanks again!

Have a good one and thanks for stopping by!  Shell









No comments:

Post a Comment