old timer

Monday, June 18, 2012

How Do You Set Up A Booth At A Show?

When you get to a show, to set up, one of the first things you have to think of is the weather.  WELL!  At least here in the Northwest.  You see, it doesn't matter what month of the year it is, we expect it to rain.  SO!  Around here the first thing you think of is a tent.  WELL!  Mine is old, used and very droopy.  But, it gets the job done.  It gives our customers a place to hide from the rain and keep them dry. 


SO!  Here's a few fun pictures of what my booth looked like, baggy tent and all!

I put as much stuff into my booth as I can
creatively shove!   :) 


These pictures were taken before every thing was put into the booth as people were already coming through at 8 am to buy, even though the show didn't open until 10.



I paid for 2 booths,
then a person next to me didn't show up. 
I loved the extra room!



This is a messy shot, but you can see some of the props I
use to set up.  Like the wonderful pink cast iron crib to
hold signs and more!




Here's a better shot of the crib.  Isn't it wonderful?




I always have lots to hang,
so I use the tent structure itself. 
This time the plant took over my aisle.  OOPS!




I use a set of 6 doors, shutters and ladder sections to
hold things that would hang on your wall at home.




This way I have 2 sides to each and lots of room.






Can you see my boot on the bottom left of the picture?  It's filled with concrete and a bent rebar hook.  Then I add a piece of rope from the hook to the tent frame.  It helps hold my tent in place!
  SCHWEET!     
I call them "footings".


My lapis ladders sold quickly. 
The fun license plate boxes were a hit at only $10 each.




The small metal headboard has a "seat" on it.  I welded this to hold more signs and "things".  The ground in this park is like concrete with green carpet on top.



Stuff piled and hung on every thing.





Again I used the tent frame to hang things from.



This wonderful bike sold quickly.




I got all these hung up as the morning went on and brought in more art as the customers let me through.  Some of the art sold as I was taking it out of the boxes and tubs they were packed in.  FUN!

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥


Most of these pictures were taken on Saturday, day 2 of the show.  When you set up your booth alone and people are there 2 hours before the show, you really don't have time to remember the pictures!  Sorry!

Well, I had a ball at this show and I think I've had enough rest.  Time to catch up on a little (and I mean little) house work!  :)  Then it's time to start building for the show in August!  I'll keep you posted!!!

Thanks again for stopping by and have a good one.  Shell

No comments:

Post a Comment