old timer

Friday, July 27, 2012

Fresh Paint - Festival of Artists at Work!

Coming soon to a marina near you!
Well, near me!


FRESH PAINT


This is a fun art show.  Here all the artists are supposed to be doing their art while you stroll by.  One small problem with that is you are so busy (chatting in my case!) you don't always have time to work on your art.  I only get to see these people once or twice each year.  I get to a show and it seems I am too busy talking.  I'd much rather talk to these wonderful people than work!  You know what I mean?  These people are friends that stop by and chat for a while like a long, lost best friend.  What can I say?  It's FUN!

Because my art is so "all over the place", I never really know what I'm going to make.  Because I use recycled parts, junk, garbage or what ever I find, I can not tell any one exactly what will be there.  Although I do find most of my art is garden related.  I really love to make things that can go in a garden to give you a one of a kind piece.  A piece that makes your garden spot fun.  A piece that has some personality!  Some thing a little different than you already have.

I think this year jewelry is what I'm aiming to take.  Some thing different for me.  Plus there just has to be a few goodies for the garden and those odd ball things I like to make for inside the house.  I love making jewelry and I hope this year to make it "different" than what I normally find at most shows.

SO!  If you are in the area, please stop by and take a nice, long walk down the promenade and check out all the art.  There's food, drinks and of course the hot shop will be showing you their fun glass blowing techniques.  There's things for the kids to do!  Don't forget the float find on the jetty!

Check out the Fresh Paint website for a lot more information along with a list of who's going to be there.  I know Amy of Four Corners Design and Janet Foley will be there with bells on their toes!!!

I'll be close to Lombardi's, close to W. Marine View Dr.  

Dates and times:

August 18 & 19th
10 am to 5 pm

Parking can be tough.  Get there early or take the bus.  It will drop you off and pick you up close to the show.  And don't forget the Farmers market is open Sunday!!!

I hope to see you there!

Thanks for stopping by and have a good one!  Shell 

No comments:

Post a Comment