old timer

Monday, July 9, 2012

Junk Jewelry - First Piece

Okay!  If you didn't read my blog from yesterday  ...  I would like to make some jewelry out of junk and used parts.  THEN!  I want to start out with a nice piece of craft jewelry, later turning that same piece into a piece of art jewelry.  Check out the pictures of junk I'd like to use right here.

So, I played a little with that sweet little green belt.  I left this at the point where I can either stop and I call it a craft.  OR!  Keep going and see if I can turn it into art.

Let's see what I've made so far:


Here's the beginning of a fun little bracelet.



I have a thing for crosses and hearts.  That sweet little orange bead, I made it by melting glass onto copper wire.  That bead is sitting inside a fun bead cap.

Yep!  That's the spring with 2 open ends on it!  I love this thing.  That's a heart from an earring I found.  The white bead is also a bead I made on the end of a copper wire.

*************

So far I haven't done any thing but start the middle of this bracelet.  So far, so okay!  BUT!  I haven't decided if I should add more to the length of the green belt piece????  Maybe I should add some fun leather strips to it?  Maybe I should add some beads off the end of the belt piece?  Maybe I should just leave it, add a closure of some type to it.  Then I could add a few more bracelets to it and call it a stack bracelet.  Questions, questions, questions!  Maybe I should say:   SO MANY OPTIONS!!!  YAY!!!

When jewelers make their great products a lot of thought goes into what they like to make, how to make it and then, whether their customers will like it. 

What do you think so far?  I do have to keep going.  I just wonder how far.  Only time will tell.  Let me know what you think,,, please!  It's fun to hear from you!  Thanks!


Thanks for stopping by and have a good one! Shell




No comments:

Post a Comment