old timer

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Not Only Did I Get The Tailgate,,,

Okay, so a lady walks into a dump ....  YEP!  That would be me!  I had a ball today. 

FIRST!   You have to try this recipe.  I kid you not.  Now, I love a good banana bread or cake.  BUT!  I have never made one where the flavor was there as soon as it came out of the oven.  It ALWAYS takes until the next day.  You really have to let it sit to get that wonderful flavor.  WELL!  Not today.  I made a banana cake recipe I found on Pinterest, then changed it slightly!  Not by much.  Check out the original recipe right here.  The only thing I changed was:  I used butter instead of shortening!  I used 1 1/2 tsp vanilla, not just 1 like the recipe called for.  And, I added 1 tsp. of cinnamon.  I used 2 bananas that were as black as they could get.  AND WOW!  The guys got the cake and I got the tailgate!  Check out the pics below!





This will be the back of a garden bench.




Banana cake ,,, next time I'll actually sift the flour!  I got lazy!  This is a great recipe!



After my trip to the recycle center ,,, I think I'm going for records there.  How much can I spend there in one week.  How much crap can I haul home in one week.  Oh well!  Remember the bench???  I DO!  Soon!  Very soon!!!!  Any way ,,, back to it ,,, after the recycle center I went to visit a sister. 

LOOK WHAT I CAME HOME WITH!!!!



Meet Juliet (my granddaughter named her for me).  She's around 6 weeks old and is going to be Macs' new playmate. 




My sister lives on 5 acres and keeps "barn cats".  They are wonderful cats, they just aren't as tame as your regular house cat.  SO!  We have lots of training to do.  As of tonight her favorite place to crash is on my chest.  Her favorite place to sit is on my shoulder.  Her favorite toy is my finger (ouch).  And her favorite thing to do is hiss and growl at both Macs and Joy.  Joy is just dieing to meet her.  So far, so barely okay.  Joy nursed Macs for the first 1 1/2 years of Macs' life.  Crazy!  Mama (Joy's nickname) is so wanting to do this again.  Only time will tell.

OKAY!  So, not only did I get the tail gate.  I got the kitty!

Don't you just love babies???  Animal or human!  They are wonderful!  Did you get any new babies this year?  Let me know!

Thanks for stopping by and have a good one!  Shell

2 comments:

  1. I come from a loooooong line of women who can't cook but that Banana Cake sounds wonderful and not too hard to make. Definitely on the experiment list. And Juliet is purrfection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarajan! I loved this cake. It is easy to make. I hope you give it a try. This little kitty has been so much fun. It's taken her 6 full days to get used to my dog and the other cat. Now, I have 3 wonderful animals running my house. EEK! It's fun. Thanks for the comment and stopping by! Shelley

      Delete