old timer

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

SCORE! A Great Alley Find!


Look at this sweet baby! 


My oh My!!!


Joy and I were walking down the alley, a little earlier this summer, and we found her next to a fence.  My neighbors were cleaning out their garage that sits on the alley.  I talked to them quite often over the last year or so.  I’m sad to say they were cleaning because they were moving.  They were always really nice!  They were car mechanics and they loved to leave out their scrap metal for me and any one else who came by to pick it up.  Darn!  I’ll miss them and their wonderful junk!

I asked them if they wanted to get rid of their bench.  I was very surprised when they said yes!  MAN!  What a great work bench for my back yard.  I walked Joy home and we came back with the truck.  They helped me load it into the truck and Joy and I took off for home.  I’m not sure who was smiling more,,, me or the neighbor.  He got rid of some thing he didn’t want to take with him and I got this very sturdy bench!  SCORE!!! 


This bench will be my work horse for the next few years!




Now you see it,




Now you don't!




Plug in outlets on one end, on/off switches on the
other!  NICE!  Just add power!




Needs a new top!  Easy to fix!




The back board is in sad shape.  I'll replace it later.





From the back you can see the shelf under the table.




She's about 6 feet long and nearly 3 feet wide. 


Trust me when I say this is solidly built.  It took every thing I had to get this out of the back of the truck and into my yard by myself!  It's HEAVY!!!  BUT!  She's well worth it.  This will make life so much easier when I'm building nearly any thing!!! 

 **********************

Today Joy and I found several license plates in the alley.  We brought them home and quickly made 3 very simple bird houses for our neighbor kids.   Yes, we used the work bench when nailing these together!



They’ll love them. 


Notice there is NO number 1???  I wanted to make sure they didn’t get a chance at fighting over being number 1.  I do believe know my kids would have.  I was just hoping this might save a small argument.



Have a good one and thanks for stopping by!  Shelley

2 comments:

  1. Great score on that bench! Will come in some kind of handy.

    Good job on the bird houses. Those kids will luv them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I do love this bench. We are off to deliver the bird houses now! Have a great day! Shell

    ReplyDelete