old timer

Thursday, March 21, 2013

One Of My Favorite Finds!

Hi guys!

SO!  It's Wednesday morning about 7 am and the rain is coming down like crazy!  YAY!  WELL!  Kind of.  You see Wednesdays are garbage days around here.  This is the day Joy and I find most of "the good stuff" in our alleys.  SO!  I rolled over and went back to sleep for all of half an hour and Macs let me know it was time to get up no matter what the weather was like.  CRAP!  Okay!

So I finally got it in gear and of course by now the recycle garbage truck was already past our house.  OOPS!  Well, kind of.  You see for some reason he picks up the recycle bins on the east, west and north of me.  NOT down my alley that heads south.  Love this guy!!! 

SO!  Joy and I take off.  The rain is barely coming down and we're scoring left and right on aluminum cans.  That's a good thing!  BUT!  The rain is starting to come down harder and harder.  We are now 4 blocks from home and it's really coming down.  SO!  We headed down one more block because I know there will be at least 1 if not 2 full 13 gallon garbage bags of cans in just 2 bins!  Love my neighbors and their choice of bottle or can!  :)  

Don't ask me why, but I turned left instead of right.  I was kicking myself half a block later when the skies opened up and poured.  O. M. G.  I do know better, but, some times shit happens.  SO!  I figured as soaked as we were another half block wouldn't kill either of us. 

AND

             THERE

                             IT

                                          WAS!!!!!!!!!


Joy and I nearly ran home!
 The score of the year!!!  Well, this year!


As soon as we got home I dried Joy off, gave her her morning vitamin, grabbed 2 dog treats and she headed for her kennel.  YAY!  She kenneled up and I took off.  YEP!  It was still there and the rain was still coming down.  Like that mattered any more.

By the time I got it home the rain had stopped and the sun was trying to come out!  YAY!!!!

You have to love it when things go right.  Today!  They went right.



Very nice!


The screen can use a little work and the duct tape that held the free sign took off some paint.  Both very fixable!

I do love my alleys and my neighbors idea of garbage.

Have you found any thing lately???  Some times the smallest are the best.  This is one of those finds that come once in a lifetime. 

Have a good one and thanks for stopping by!  Shell

2 comments:

  1. Somebody was crazy for getting rid of that!

    No, don't have any find that I can think of.

    ReplyDelete