old timer

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

What To Do With A Broken Whiskey Barrel and An Alley Find

Hi guys!

First let's talk about the show I just did!

The weather sucked!

OKAY!  Next topic!

LOL!  Seriously, the weather was so bad that very, very few people showed up.  It was sad.  It was a well organized and put together show.  It didn't matter.  It was just too WET!  Oh well!

SO!  It's Sunday and I'm pouting and tired and still wet (okay!  maybe) from Saturday.  Joy wants to go walking and she's not taking no for an answer.  Off we go!  YAY!  We found a hammer!  No kidding!  In a guys metal recycle bin!  YAY AGAIN!



It's like brand new!!!



SO!  We brought it home and my dad shows up Tuesday with this broken whiskey barrel.  YAY some more!!!  He's got the boards and the bands.  We went out for a nice lunch, chatted a long time then he left and I went to work.



Great boards.  They're curved.  YUM!



That morning Joy and I were walking through the alley and I spotted a trellis in a back yard.  Now, maybe it's been there forever???  Maybe it was just planted there???  I'm not sure.  BUT!  For some reason that morning it spoke to me and I just had to copy it.  SO!  I did ... with the whiskey barrel.



Love the colors! 



The trellis I saw was made of 2"X2" boards about 6 to 8 inches long.  They were placed in a nice pattern and looked really nice.  Nothing special ,,, just NICE!  I thought about it all morning.  THEN!  The boards from the whiskey barrel show up and I made this!




The 2 boards holding it together are worm wood. 
This gives it even more appeal.



Some boards are thinner than others.



Side view.  See how they are bent?



The Climber!


FUN!!!  I do love garden art.  This fun piece will give you some thing to talk about in your garden setting!  It'll be at Sorticulture June 7-9, Legion Park, Everett, WA.

What do you think???  Let me know!

Thanks for stopping by and have a good one!

4 comments: