old timer

Monday, April 22, 2013

WIP - Work In Progress

HI!

With Sorticulture just around the corner I decided to take a good long look at the mess I have in my back yard.  I just knew there were a few things I could tackle on a sunny, YES! SUNNY, day like today.  What a mess I found.

So, here's a look at the mess and what I found there!

Check out this mess!  Truck parts, scrap metal,
empty buckets, a car windshield, and a
garbage bag full of cans!  EEK!



I need to remove the old upholstery.  What do you think
I'm going to find under it? 
It's a bench seat from a 1951 Ford Pickup!



I got lucky!  Only a little bit of mouse stuff!  I'll let
it sit for a night to finish drying out what ever
junk was in the springs and batting.



SPRINGS!  YUM!

A few years ago I made a flower bed out of an old mattress spring.  This one is telling me to do a similar piece.  It just fits.  SO!  If all goes pretty good,,, I'll have a completed piece to show you by the end of the week!

Cross your fingers!

Have a good one and thanks for stopping by!  Shell

5 comments:

  1. hi, i tried to find your ETSY shop but was not able to.
    do you have a link?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOPS! I used to have one! SORRY! I remember taking it off and I was going to put a better link on and well,,, sorry!

      try this link: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ShelleyHolm

      You might have to cut and paste that web address. Sorry! I'm pretty bad at this end of stuff. Right now there's a couple clocks on there and a few parts. Let me know if you saw some thing you were interested in and it's not on etsy!

      Thanks so much for your time! Shelley

      Delete
    2. Hi Rebecca! OKAY! I finally fixed my etsy link. You will find it down the right hand side under the pinterest button! Thanks for the nudge. I needed that! Shelley

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to see what you do with that seat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cross your fingers! I know I am! Have a great week Ramona!

      Delete