old timer

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Beaver Left Overs and Blue Bottles!

Hi!!!

Well, a couple years ago there was this beaver pond next to my sisters place.  Actually, there are several ponds there that the beavers took over.  Then her kid put some trout in the largest pond hoping to go fishing when he wanted. 

OOPS!!!

It changed the environment in the pond.  The beaver didn't like it and moved out! 

DARN!!! 

     Oh wait!

          YAY!!!!

He left some of his chew toys behind and I scooped up a bunch of them.

SO!  Here's a few bottle trees I made using his left overs and my neighbors left overs (their blue bud bottles).  :)




3 bottles ...




5 bottles ...



NINE!!!



You can see the gnaw marks on each end of the sticks.  FUN!  These are a lot smaller than the ones I took to Sorticulture last year.  These a shorter.  They were made to "hide" inside your taller plants and then let the sun shine bring out the color in the bottles.



FYI ...  I just got accepted into an artist in action show in August on the Everett water front called Fresh Paint!  I'll let you know more as we get closer! 

YAY!!!

Have a good one and thanks for stopping by!  Shell

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Love the idea. Now I know what to do when the beavers show up on our creek again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's always some thing to make out of every thing out there isn't there??? That's the challenge in this type of art. It makes me think! YAY!!! Hope you have a great week! Shell

      Delete