old timer

Friday, May 17, 2013

Drippy Faucets - How To

Do you have an old piece of copper plumbing with an outdoor faucet on it that needs to be replaced???

If so ,,, don't throw out the old one after it's replaced.

Here's why!!!

I have this garbage can full of copper scraps
in my back yard.



I have a 5 gallon bucket full of bits and pieces
 AND many copper joints!!!



I picked this up at the recycle center.  See the T joint on
the left end.  I needed some of those for tomorrows project. 
SO!  I cut it off then drilled a hole where the arrow points ...



WATER DROPS



This could be your old water faucet.

I drilled the hole, poked a wire through it,
added a crystal, wrapped the other end of the
wire around the pipe until I used it all up.  Stuffed
it on top of a piece of 1/4" smooth bar.
SCHWEET!!!



Here's the same idea, just different :)
Drill the hole, poke the wire through.




I had to remove the handle to
make a hole for the wire to come through.




Ready to add the crystal.



I like the bend in this faucet.



Drip, Drip, Drip.



The larger copper wire through the faucet was too
large for the hole in the crystal.  No problem. 
Just use a smaller gauge wire for it.



The same,
but different!

If you give this a try and get stuck.  Just drop me a comment and I'll help where I can!

Tomorrow (I hope!) ... a sink, copper and flowers!  Real flowers!

If you're in the area Saturday afternoon and evening don't forget about the Everett Art Walk (starts at 3 pm) and the wine tasting (starts at 4 pm) at We Do Art.  I'll be there after 5!  There's a band playing next door at the White Buffalo Saloon at 8 pm!!!  Hope to see ya there!

Have a good one and thanks for stopping by.  Shell

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks,,, I've got real ones today. I might be stuck inside the house most of today... EEK! :)

      Delete