old timer

Monday, May 27, 2013

This Rooster Won't Wake You Up!

Hi guys!

Just a few quick pictures of another piece of garden art I made for Sorticulture!  CRAP!  I only have 9 more days left to build for this show!  I better get it in gear. 


This was left over from the weather vane
 I tore apart a while back.



He's protecting my yard.



He comes mounted on top of this funky old can. 
Notice the ceramic insulator on top? 



A little bit of wrinkly copper pipe! 
SCHWEET!



There's moss growing on the side of the can.



He's checking out the back yard now.



I had fun putting this guy together.  I love stuff like this.

Tomorrow I'm headed to the metal recycler for a Mercedes Benz grill off the front of an early 1950's sweetheart!!!    I tried today but it's so rusted on there I couldn't get it off!  DARN!  Think planter for your garden.  Wish me luck!

Have a good one and thanks for stopping by!  Shell

2 comments:

  1. I love that weather vane! You are talented.

    Time flies and before you know it the event is here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This type of art is easy when you find great parts. Great parts is the key!!! Thanks so much Ramona!

      Delete