old timer

Friday, May 24, 2013

WIP Complete! Check Out These Doors!!!

OMG!!!  I knew when I found these truck doors they could be amazing!

AND

    NOW

       THEY

           ARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


THANKS to my neighbor who is truly an amazing artist.  She can draw and paint like no one I know!  So much talent in one little body!!!! 

THANKS CELIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My artistic talent lies in seeing what certain things can be.  In that, I have to assemble already made things into other things.  Celia ... ha!  She just slaps on some paint and voila!!!  HOLY CRAP! 

See what I mean:



I gave Celia the idea of what I wanted
and she made it happen!!!

This is painted giving the illusion that the paint has worn thin through time.  Once this sets outside for a few months to a year, the dirt and moss that should land on this will make this look like it's an original from 1951 when this truck was built.



The reason we picked this name and phone number?
If it doesn't sell Mrs. (Celia) Johnson
will get to keep this!

She lives in her grandmothers house.
Grandma moved in during 1903 and this
was her phone number.



Canary?  For the birds and it's my
mother's maiden name.

My great, great aunt is Calamity Jane
 or Martha Jane Canary.



This is so much fun!!!


When I was little my grandfather used to tell us how he would sit on Calamity's lap and she would tell him all these wonderful stories.  Just this past year I was working on our family history.  We've been lucky enough to find some wonderful and old information on a large portion of our family.  WELL!  In doing this I realized my grandfather was born AFTER Calamity died.  This is according to the paper work we have.  If only he was around to tell me if he joking or if his stories were true.  I've decided I'm going to believe every one of them.  They were sooooo good!

Both of these doors will be at Sorticulture .... I think they'll go quick!

Hope to see you there!

Thanks for stopping by and have a good one!  Shell

4 comments:

  1. I am now on the hunt to find one & get it ready for my Dad's 80th birthday in November! Thank you for the idea!! Wonderful, wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and you are so welcome! Good luck on your hunt. That's my favorite part of this type of art ... the hunt. I started this blog for 2 reasons ... 1) to give others ideas that I think are fun. 2) To make me get some art done! :) I usually need a push.

      One thing to watch for when you go looking for a truck door ... there are 2 ways they will sell you a door ... one is by the pound, the other is what they think it's value is. Be careful! I only paid $10 for mine ,,, by the pound! Have fun with your project! Shell

      Delete
  2. She did an amazing job on both of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't she amazing! I'm so thankful she could do this for me! I sure couldn't do any thing close to this!!!

      Delete