old timer

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

WIP - Flower Cart

Hi guys!

How's it going???

Over here ,,, pretty good!!!

First in my last post I was cracking up about our lack of moss around here.  WELL!  On the last day of April I heard a radio announcer mention that April, 2013 was the 2nd wettest April in the history of Washington states weather.  I'm not sure how long they've been keeping track, but, I believe it stated in the late 1800's.  I had to laugh all over again!

With Sorticulture coming up soon, I thought I'd show you what I'm working on next!

Ready???



I do love a great find!!!



Yes!  That's what I'm working on next.  I keep thinking flower cart.  WELL!  Once I got outside to work on it, I think I've changed the way it will look.  We'll see as time goes by what it wants to look like.



I found a tire that "might" work for the front. 
So far.  So iffy!



It didn't come with a front tire.  BUT!  The one I found in my "yard", okay!  mess!  The one I found is a little too ,,, off?  I guess that's the word I'm lookin' for.  BUT!  It's probably the closest I can come up with.  At least for now!  I beat the front of the bike to pieces until the tire fit, but!  Yep!  When you make art like this ,,, there's always a but!!!  The old rod through the wheel is damaged pretty bad.  IF I get lucky I'll still get to use it!  Cross your fingers for it.  We'll need all the help it and I can get!



Some of the fun details already on the bike.


Old bikes like this always have some fun detail.  I love the old tail light.  The back of the bike has this wonderful, crusty metal bar with a name on it.  I haven't looked it up.  I'm thinking it's the manufacturer of the bike or the make.  The mirror is in pieces, but still fun.  WELL!  It was until I played too hard with the front wheel.  I do believe I just got lucky and Miss Amy Duncan (check out the springs we found in my yard and look what she did with them!) brought me a new old one just a few days ago!  YAY AMY!!!   Then, there's that wonderful Olympic insignia on the front of the bike, right under that wonderful head light.  YOWZA!  What a great bike!!!



Which basket to add to the back???

At first I was going to build this elaborate shelf system on the back to hold flower pots.  Then I was walking through the yard and spotted an old wire basket out of an old freezer.  It was full of copper goodies ,,, NOT FOR LONG!  HA!  Okay!  That was what got me to thinking,,, do this a little simpler.  PLEASE!  So, now I have to figure out which basket should go on the back ...




Joy's out there helping me out! 
She's such a sweet old girl.


and which basket should go on the front???


What do you think??? 

Let me know.  I always need all the help I can get!

I'll keep you updated on how this little bike is going!

Thanks for stopping by and have a good one!  Shell


1 comment:

  1. You are not kidding!!! A great bike indeed.

    Wow, I wish you'd lived closer. This would be coming home with me.

    ReplyDelete