old timer

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

A Trip To The Beach Gets Ugly!

Hi guys!

Sorry!  I know it's been a while since I've been on here... but!  I have a lame excuse!  LOL!

On Father's Day I was finally going to get some yard work done,,, when maybe 15 minutes into it ,,, my back gave out!  I've pretty much been on the couch since.

BUT!  It's feeling better so Joy and I went to the beach for a walk.  I decided it would give her the walk she hadn't been getting and me some fresh air.  I also knew there wouldn't be too much to bend over to pick up.  Well, except a few pieces of driftwood.  YEP!  I needed just a couple pieces to hang some of those fun metal signs and fish I've been making with the plasma cutter. 

SO!  Here's a bunch of pictures of one of my USED TO BE favorite beaches.  ICK!  Wait ,,, don't do it!  You have to see the first pictures before you get to the last ones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK!





Yep, that's my truck and this is the pathway to ???



Nobody picks up the poop!  It's every where. 
BUT!  I like the sign!



This is to the right of my truck.  In the background,
across the water is I-5 Southbound.  That's
where we're going to walk to.



Can you see the tops of the trees the arrow is
almost touching?  That's where we're going. 
It's about 1.5 to 2 miles from the truck.



This is going the other direction, toward the bay.
Joy got to chase lots of bunnies.



There are lots of places for animals to hide from Joy!
Thank goodness!  She's a hunter.




The water under the bridge is from the river. 
Fresh water.
Past the bridge is the bay. 
Salt water.



This is the slough or river that feeds under the
bridge, then into the bay .



There's Joy leading the way to a wonderful little
cove to pick up driftwood at.



Down here we find lots of stuff the
storms bring down the river.



I've always wanted to walk to the end of this trail. 
It's probably 1.5 to 2 miles long.  This is
where the arrow was pointing too!



This gave me the creeps! 
What does this look like to you??? 

I've been walking this trail for many years.  I think I was lucky today.  Joy took off straight for what turns out to be a home for vagrants.  The homeless.  I had no idea.  I guess every one has to live some where.  BUT!  What I was positive I saw is a rifle mounted on a tripod pointing at the freeway, I-5.  I figured Joy had already ran into their camp by the time I thought I was looking at a gun and what ever was going to happen wouldn't be pretty.  HONESTLY!  This woke me up.  Joy and I go where ever and when ever we want.  I was born to a family who enjoyed outdoor living.  Hell, my father still lives off the beaten path so far there's no power, cell service or any thing.  I've never been afraid to just go tromping around any place until today.  Please realize I'm 57 years old.  I've been doing this since I can remember.  We are talking at least 50 years.

Joy and I left and called the police from a business across the hiway from this.  No, I don't carry a cell phone and NO that won't change.  We drove back to the park waited over 1 hour and 20 minutes and we gave up.  What we didn't know was that they were busy busting a string of bikini latte stands for prostitution today.  They were very busy and they know of the camp and have had lots of trouble there.  After talking to one of the policeman he informed me it's not a real good place to go and they had a policeman on his way there to look for the rifle.

I sure hope they found it IF that's what it was.

After all that ,,,


We brought home a few sticks of driftwood to hang
some metal signs from.  Signs with fish
on them for Fresh Paint.


Yes, Joy and I will go back to this beach.  We just won't go to the end of the trail.  We'll stick to the first half mile of the trail.

Have a good one and thanks for stopping by!!!

6 comments:

  1. wow.
    quite an experience. i sure hope it wasn't a rifle aimed at the highway.
    that would not be a pretty outcome.

    don't stop going for walks. but do be careful.
    pretty place though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI! Joy and I love to walk. WELL! She loves to run. Here she can run her little heart out. I get to kick around on the beach and relax. I've been going there for so long it was just a giant surprise to find what ever it was I saw. It opened my eyes to what todays world is really like. I guess from now on, I'll keep my curiousity under control a "tiny" bit more! :) The police were on it later in the day and they know of things going on back there. That made me feel a lot better. Thanks for saying hi! Have a great day! Shell

      Delete
  2. holy moly - first day out and you have quite the adventure! but glad you are out walking!
    p.s. - I have old rusty stringers for you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY!!! Rusted? What could be better? Thank you so much! We did have fun. It just gave me that creepy feeling and I thought there have to be other people out there like me who love to go walking or hiking. For years I'd go hiking and nearly every one I knew carried a hand gun with them. I didn't. NOW? Well, I still won't even consider it, but, I had my eyes opened up BIG! see ya soon! Shell

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you are okay.

    I'm paranoid, I would have been armed. I've even carried my 9 MM around the yard when somebody was out on the road. I'm 54 and 5'2". Most any man could easily hurt me. But 15 in the gun would probably make them think twice about it.

    Please be careful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You go girl. What ever makes you feel better. I live alone, so I do have a shot gun in my house and yes, I am a very good shot! I used to body build and worked out like a nut. I worked as a power lineman and as a cable splicer for the telephone company. Both very demanding, strenous, heavy jobs. I loved them. I was in all the sports I could get into (including the mens). BUT! I'm not young any more and so out of shape. Every time I find some thing like this I have to remind myself I'm gettin' old. EEK! We are slways careful, just surprised some times! Have a great weekend! Shell

      Delete