old timer

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

WIP - Finished! Trying To Get To Market

Hi guys! 

Sorry it was so late when I took these pictures.  In case you haven't figured this out yet.  I don't seem to start any real work until late afternoon.  I start my day off with a book and a latte.  Then Joy and I go walking.  Then a little breakfast, a little cleaning up and we're ready to go.  It seems like that is usually right about noon.  HUM!

Today I spent some time between the recycle center and our local hardware store.  Then I finally figured out how to finish this bike.  I've had it for over a year.  I started out wanting to build this big elaborate flower cart with a fun tent over it.  WELL!  Here's what I did instead.


It's set up for you to figure out what you,
the buyer, wants to do with it.



A look from the front. 
Yep, it's really a trike.




I planted Wave Petunias and Ganzia (I think)
 inside the moss lined basket.



This will fill out very nicely!



I had to use a different box on the back.   Because?
This one fit the 9 old blue Mason jars perfectly!



This is what the box is sitting on.
It's an old door from a wood stove I had in my
yard as a potting bench back in the 1980's.

I like the layers this seems to have.



The oven door sits on top of an old wire milk jug crate.



I tried using a flower can.  Didn't like it.



I tried putting the flower can inside the milk crate.
I didn't like it either.

This is how it will go.
SWEET!

SO!  Here's the deal with how the bike works ,,, to me!  The buyer can change this if he/she wants too.

I see the bike as having a very full and hopefully very overflowing basket of flowers on the front.

Please realize all the tires are flat.

I picture some one pushing this down the road trying to get to market to sell their wares.

By the time they get there, they are worn out!

So, they throw out a wire basket, lay down the oven door (that I drilled holes into to make it like a hinge), toss their box of jars of flowers onto the door and sell every single thing they brought.  OH!  And in record time - thank you very much!  ♥

AND!  I just figured out this bike's name...  TRYING TO GET TO MARKET.

This was very fun to build.  It took me a while to figure out that the oven door could move up and down.  Placing the wire crate under it gives the buyer another place to add flowers, garden tools, a book, bottle of wine???  What ever you can think of.

It's late and I'm supposed to be adding wire to the signs I cut out with the plasma cutter and here I am rambling on.  That means I'm tired.  The signs will wait!

Have a good one and thanks so much for stopping by!  Shell






 

2 comments:

  1. I love that bike. A have a pretty old one sitting next to my porch. I need to give it a basket and gussy it up some.

    ReplyDelete