old timer

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Brass Ringer Bells

Hi ya all!

How was your holiday???  Fun???  Safe???  I sure hope so!  It was crazy loud around here all night long.  About 2 am some one lit off a bomb that shook the house.  I mean the windows rattled and the animals all freaked.  Poor Joy, her dramamine had pretty much worn off by then.  She does not like the big booms at all!  I wonder how big the hole was in their yard after that!

A couple days before the 4th I was at the recycle center and you have to see what I found!!!

Ready???



Any idea what these are???



SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


These are the bells from the old telephone ringers.



Back in the 70's and 80's I was one of many who worked for General Telephone building telephones.  You name the type, we built it.  One of the jobs was to set the ringers so they would make that wonderful noise that let you know some one was calling you.

Well!  Imagine my surprise when I looked inside a giant bin of brass and saw TONS of these!  There have to be at least 100 of them.  YAY!!!  They can make the sweetest noise.

SO!  I brought them all home and it's time to make a bunch of wind chimes.  YEP!  They'll be on quite a few of them.  I'll show you pictures as we go.

Fresh Paint is only 41 or 42 days away.  Time to get some thing made for it.  I'll tell you more about Fresh Paint as the time gets closer!!!

Have a good one and thanks for stopping by!  Shell

4 comments:

  1. They would make a cool rain chain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea. I was thinking of mounting these on rods and a base of some kind, then letting them bump into each other as the wind blows them around. I've seen them in garden shops. I always wanted one, but, they were way too spendy for me. Thanks for the idea Dana! See ya soon! Shell

      Delete
  2. Those windchimes are going to sound beautiful.

    My old dog Country hated fireworks too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! So far I've probably made a dozen wind chimes with these on them. They sound AMAZING! Country was a sweetie! I can tell. shell

      Delete