old timer

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Wooden Wire Spool

Hi guys!

I have to laugh.   I brought home a small wood wire spool from my trip to Darrington a week ago and a few days later ,,, PINTEREST!  YEP!  Some one put a picture of a project JUST like this.  OKAY!  I copied it!  I couldn't help it.  A few months ago I found 3 great casters at the recycle center and brought them home.  3 fit under this small spool perfectly.






Great spool!

 
 
 
3 great casters.

 
 
 
Some screws and washers put this together.

 
 
 
I left the paper on the middle.  I just
couldn't remove it.  It's awesome!

 
 
 
This is a hoot!  It'll be at Fresh Paint!!!




I just couldn't help making this.  I had all the parts right there.  It took me less than 15 minutes.  Give this a try.  Ask at an electrical warehouse if they have any left over wood spools.  Most of the small ones this size get thrown away.  The large ones like telephone and power use are extremely heavy, some 400 plus pounds.  These are hefty, but very manageable!!!

Have a good one and thanks for stopping by!  Shell

2 comments: