old timer

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Raspberry Cornbread

Hi guys!

One more for Dana!

This one's as easy as you want to make it.

You can be lazy like me and use Jiffy corn muffin mix  ,,, or you can use your own corn bread recipe.

Follow the recipe on the box or your recipe, then add:






quick, simple

Frozen smashed raspberries,,, 1/2 cup should be plenty.

From that small can of diced chilies
I put in 2 heaping Tablespoons. 

I used most of the can.  You can use them
all if you use a bigger recipe.


 
I added maybe an ounce of shredded monterey jack cheese.
 
Usually this little box mix makes 6 muffins.  Can you
see the water in my empty tins?  It's good to put it in there while baking.  Keeps your metal from warping.

Before!


YUMMY!!!

After!

STEAMY!!!

CHEESY!!!

This is where the "diet" comes in ,,, yep! 
NO BUTTER! 
Just squirt a little honey on there and munch!!!

These are SO GOOD!!!

These went really well with the rest of my lunch....

Chicken Tortilla Soup with monterey jack cheese,
sour cream and avocado!!!


I am a baker at heart, but I love to cook too.  As fall and our normal wet weather gets here, I'm happy to be back in my kitchen making soups and stews to fill the freezer.  To me there's nothing better than working outside in our nasty weather and being able to come inside for a bowl of hot soup and a roll or muffin.

Have a great week!  Shell

1 comment: