old timer

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

A Great Alley Find

Hi guys!

Are we having fun yet???  I sure hope so!

Look what Joy and I found in the alley!!!

Look at this great big painting!!!

 
 
Isn't this funky!!!


I couldn't believe we found this.  It's about 4 1/2 feet X 3 1/2 feet.  It's an oil painting.  Or, at least I think it is.  The paint on it is raised and lumpy!  To all I know, it could be plaster under the paint.  BUT!  I know what I want to do with it.  IF,,, the paint will let me.

I want to make a subway print with the main streets in downtown Everett.  That's some thing I've done in a smaller size and a brand new canvas.  What I will "try" to do is place letters I cut out with my Cricut on the top of this.  Then I'll paint a plain color over the top of the entire print.  Then I'll pull off the letters to see what colors are left under the letter.  It should be a very colorful piece. 

I THINK!!! 

Only time will tell.  If all goes right this will go to Falala.  I got the okay to attend this year.  YAY!!!  More information as we get closer to Dec. 13th and 14th.

This weekend at We Do Art is the art walk.  It's from 4-7pm.  Come check it out.  I have a lot of new jewelry there and hope (weather permitting) to have some metal cut out Christmas goodies.  Think stars, stockings and snowmen!!!  They are tasting Wild Turkey at White Buffalo!!!

Have a good one and thanks for stopping by!  Shell

2 comments:

  1. Yay Indeed! I hope the weather is good. Ours too cause we have our 2nd horse show for 2014 this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ramona!!! Have a great weekend and good luck! Shell

      Delete