old timer

Sunday, November 10, 2013

A Trip to the Metal Recycler and Cinnamon Rolls!

Hi guys!

How are ya today???  I hope you are doing well.  All's well around here!  YAY!

I've been pretty lazy about getting rid of the cans lately.  Check out the size of this load and the cinnamon rolls the guys got!!!

My poor back yard!!!

 
 
I had to put ropes and a net over the cans.

 
 
I just kept pushing smaller bags into the netting that
was already pulled tight.  I was going to get
every single can to the recycler!

 
 
This puppy is full!!!

 
 
This load weighed in at 220 pounds!!!
YAY!!!!
 
 
 
This box went to We Do Art.

 
 
This box was left with the guys at the recycle center.


I have to tell you about these cinnamon rolls.  First,,, they are amazing.  Second,,,, they are so FAST and EASY!!!

I made these with puff pastry.  I couldn't help it.  I've been wanting to try this for a long time.  I noticed a pin on Pinterest where someone made them ,,, then, I did too.

I get my puff pastry at Cash -n- Carry here in Everett.  It's made for bakery's.  High quality.  Not cheap, but!  Fantastic.  You can buy it 2 ways - full sheets or smaller squares.  I buy the smaller squares.

I cut my 5 inch squares into 3 strips. 

I let them thaw.

Spread melted butter on them.

Sprinkled with brown sugar and cinnamon.

Rolled them up.

I placed them in a greased muffin tin.

Baked them at 375* about 25 minutes.

I immediately moved them from the pan to a plate.

I let them cool quite a bit, then frosted them.


These don't really need frosting,,, but hey!~  what can I say???   YUMMMMMM!  Give them a try. 

Have a good one and thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. We love cinnamon rolls. I cannot make them without every one of them disappearing!

    I have a good pile of cans building up. But, it's nothing like the glass I have piled up to go into my cement mixer to make sea glass out of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glass! How fun! A cement mixer and some sand? That's the way we do it up here. I keep my glass in a kids swimming pool in the yard. It's a hoot!

      Delete