old timer

Monday, May 26, 2014

Summer Icicles for Sorticulture

Howdy!

Okay,,, I love preaching recycle ,,, in my art work.  I always say,,, to me it's all about using what has already been used and thrown out.  SO!  Here's what I'm talking about.  The only thing new on these pieces is the J.B. Weld (epoxy) that I used to hold the tops on these pieces. 

Ready???  I LOVE THESE!!!   

Isn't he just the happiest piece of garden art
you've ever seen???

 
 
This started with glass bottles Joy and I
collected in our alley.

 
 
I cut off their tops.

 
 
I slumped them in a kiln.

 
 
I stacked them on a piece of smooth bar
I found in the alley.

 
 
I added the top.  DONE!  Well, except for
the epoxy to hold the top on.

 
 
I tried several different tops ... lamp
finials worked the easiest.

 
 
The silver makes them look colder.

 
 
Love these!

 
 
I found this in the alley. 
It's just right for another piece!

 
 
I found this top at the recycle center.

 
 
FUN!!!

 
 
SMILE!!!

All junk or garbage,,, however you want to look at it.  That's what my art is all about.  The challenge,,, to make some thing fun out of what every one else throws away.

YES!  These will be at Sorticulture.  Only 10 building days left!

See you soon!  Shell











                     

2 comments:

  1. I love it.....and you might not know this but I am an a #1 glass nut.

    I'd love a kiln........might have to get one when I retire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glass is amazing! I love my kiln. I don't use it much, but when I do.... it's so fun! You never know what will come out when you open the door.

      Delete