old timer

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

A New Birdhouse From My Helper & a Little Rugby

Hi guys!

What's up???  Around here,,, WOW!  It's been a busy last 2 weeks.  Sorry!  BUT!  Rugby and rodeo had to come before building or finding anything.  LOL!

YEP!  I found rugby 7's National Championships right here in my neighborhood ,,, of course I went! 

Then I hit the rodeo up in Lynden .... it was a hoot!  I haven't been to that fair in years.  It was wonderful and much larger than I thought it would be.  FANTASTIC!!!

First,,, check out my birdhouse helper... yep!  We made another and it's a winner! 



A Coke and a smile!  Yep it's a 2 holer,,, NO!  Not that
kind of 2 holer,,, it's a birdhouse!  :)




And a tail light!  There's more goodies on each side...
FUN!
              


JJ came over to help my helper.  FUN! 
Rodeos are for "kids" of all ages.

What seems like a million years ago I played slow pitch softball, women's and co-ed, at a field called Fort Dent in Tukwila.  We are talking back around 1978 to 1985 ish.   Well, imagine my surprise when I went there a couple weeks ago to watch a rugby 7's national championship and there wasn't a single diamond around!  NO!  Not one!  :(   SAD!

There sure was a lot of soccer and rugby fields though.  WOW!  They fixed that whole area up so nicely.  It used to be you pulled into a parking lot, walked into a large complex of diamonds of dirt and wire ... wire fencing everywhere.  Not pretty, but WONDERFUL if you were the ball player.  NOW!  Oh my!  Someone put some SERIOUS money into this place.  It's a jocks dream.  Grass, turf, trees, a wonderful tree lined drive up into a well designed parking lot and then ,,,, there it - they were ,,, the Sounders practicing in a fenced in area at the far end of the park.  WOW!   For lunch I picked up a great BBQ lunch and took it out to my truck.  I put the tailgate down and watched a kids rugby match.  Then I went over to the Sounders practice, watched and took pictures ... sorry Clint!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The following pictures were taken for 2 reasons ... 1:  I wanted to remember what I saw here and there.  2: a friend is writing a book with a rugby player as a character.  OH!  I did too!  I found her the rugby players for her book.  One male ,,, so male.  And one female ,,, very female and one Hell of a player!!!  Let's go look... OH!  And I found the cheerleaders.  LOL!  I LOVE THESE 2 MEN!!!  I found her a lot of things. 

Let's start with the view from the stands:

2 practice fields directly behind the seats
in the main stadium and Starfire Sports Complex.
 

The beer gardens ,,, of course ,,, they say rugby players
are big drinkers and brawlers. WELL, maybe, but
every team there was extremely well behaved and
professional (all amateur athletes).
 

View from the stands.  Behind those trees
the Sounders practiced.
 

View towards another field and the parking lots.
 

      
The first thing I saw was a women's team on the field. 
YEP!  The early games. Some things never change. 
 
        

My favorite rugby play.  The line out.  It's tough. 
Takes strength, balance and timing!  Nicely done guys!
 

Now ,,, let's see what I found for my buds book ... my favorite part!  We'll leave the best for last!  :-)


Hawaii wore wonderful t-shirts and sarongs between games.
 


The pony tail.
 

The entertainment.  OH!  Lou Stanfill you are the best! 
This wonderful pro rugger spent his day with the kids and
making some bucks for the boys & girls club.  The
patience he showed.  The kids would miss over and
over and he'd slide off his seat, jump out of the cage
 and tutor them on how to knock him off his seat. 
The kids had a BLAST!!! 



YEP!  Best body there in grey.  Men stopped and watched
this guy go by.  Confident, quiet and a pretty good player.   SWEET! HEY!  I might be old, but I'm not dead!!!


Then there were those Sounders.  Yes, that's Clint Dempsey
with his back to you.  Sorry, there really is a reason for
this. Just smile and pretend I'm really old and senile. 
It's the only excuse I have! 
Sorry Clint!!!! He knows why!  :) 


I LOVE THESE 2!!!  They were SO MUCH FUN! 
They helped one of the girls teams carry equipment. 
They were the best cheerleaders any team could
have asked for.  They were darling!!!

Big, bearded, built, beautiful. The 4 B's. What more can
I say... OH!  WAIT!  This young man was laughing
and smiling nearly every time I saw him.  No, I didn't
see him a lot, but when I did .... he was happy and the
team was having fun with him.  He looks like a
rugby MAN!  Enough said.  He's my pick for 
the leading man in a book!  Maybe?  PLEASE???


Oh... by the way,,, our Seattle-OPSB took the tournament in the last few seconds of the game!!!  It was a fantastic finish to a wonderful weekend.  Way to go guys!  

Sorry, I was so excited I didn't look to see that this
picture was crooked.  They always took the score off
the board so fast I didn't want to miss it.

 

CLAP, CLAP, CLAP!!!!!
               

Lately I've found some REALLY good pieces.  I'll show them to you very, very soon!  I promise!  Thanks for stopping by!

Shell



2 comments:

  1. lol...I was with my friend Suzanne one time and a hottie came by. Her mouth fell open to her chin.... She would have fainted at the sight of that cutie.

    Love the bird house. Your helper is a great asset.

    Looks like you had a lot of fun. hehehe, I bet your heart got a good workout ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Way too funny! She sure would have loved him. He was a really nice guy too. That, to me, made him the book character. My helper is AWESOME! At least one part of me got a work out... NO! Wait for it,,, so did my eyes! 2 parts. I exercised ALLLLLLLL weekend long! YUM! :) Shell

      Delete