old timer

Sunday, November 16, 2014

FLAWSOME! Check These Out!!!

Hi guys!

How's tricks???  Around here ,,, not bad!  Honest!  LOL!

OKAY!  So a while back I creamed my back ,,, AGAIN!  This is getting old.  OH!  Wait!  I'm getting old.  hahaha!  When you are as out of shape as I am and you continue to pick up things that weigh over 100 pounds ,,, well, the back doesn't think it's funny.

SO!  I've been thinking and telling you about wanting to do some thing different.  Like ,,, using fabric.  Recycling old clothes.  I was going to wait and start a small line of clothing in February or March.  BUT!  It's cold outside.  Here I was ... laying around with this stinking back wondering what I could do.  I took out the embroidery thread and started stitching on some daisy dukes... shorty shorts!  I got bored quickly.  I mean ,,, how many daisies can a girl embroider?  This girl ... 2!  LOL!  Quit laughing.  I know, I know!  It's just me.  SO!  I found a section of an old cutter quilt and it looked like a bunch of scarfs to me.  SO!  Here's what 1 out of 4 of them look like!   

First Scarf

Old lace around the bottom.


Crusty and lovely ,,, just the way I LOVE my garden art!

Tied just like grandma used to do.

My idea of mending.

Flower with French Knots.


Well?  What do you think???

More mending.
I love the old lace.

The back of the flower.

The edges.

Rough?  Fragile?

Mended.

The other side.

The back of the mending.
                                  


I had a ball trying to figure out just how far to go.  How much stitching does this really need.  Well, I did what I thought was needed and then,,,, wait for it... I threw these in the washing machine!  Terri!  Stop.... it's okay!  I can just hear her scream:  "You did WHAT?"... lol...  I used a lingerie bag.  I threw 4 of these in the bag.  They smelled like old, musty fabric... ICK!!!  I threw the bag in with a load of towels.  I used Tide in the wash and white vinegar in the bleach cycle.  THEY SMELL GREAT NOW!!!  And,,, they ,,, well,,, they didn't like it much.  BUT!  I expected that.  So, I did some more stitching.  Now ,,, I'm very happy with the way they turned out.  Although I have 4 hours into this!  YEP!  FOUR!!!!  That's 2 too many.  Oh well.  Look out Etsy, here they come!

Another one tomorrow! 

Let me know what you think!  please... FLAWSOME:  A combination of flawed materials and awesome results!

I hope!  Take care!  Shell

























4 comments:

  1. I think you might be on to something here...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They were fun. Now,,, Etsy will tell how I really did. EEK!

      Delete
  2. I really love this idea. What a great way to repurpose that old worn out quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It's been a ton of fun. You see I sit in front of the tv and watch ... hockey and rugby! LOVE IT!!! :) Stay warm my friend!

      Delete