old timer

Thursday, December 11, 2014

Pumpkin Gingerbread Loaf - YUM!!!

Hi guys!

How are ya???  How is your weather?  Man, it's been so strange around here.  The past 2 days have been in the 60's around here.  NO!  Serious!  It really has been.  It's pouring by the dump truck load.  I went out today for a while.  I got soaked.  I went out yesterday for a while and was lucky enough to go before and after it rained.  YAY!  It's like a game in Washington state.  Can you get there and back without getting soaked.  What?  Umbrella?  What's that???

So, here I sit thinking ... clean the house!  HAHAHA!  Oh,,, sorry.  That's worse than a 4 letter word around here.  I wish it wasn't ... but ,,, baking sounded like more fun!  SO!  Here's what I made...

Pumpkin Gingerbread ...

just out of the hot pan.

So pretty!

Plump, juicy raisins.

STEAM!!!

Really!  That's steam coming up.  It has only
been out of the oven 15 minutes.

Time to cream it with butter!!!
Isn't it gorgeous???  This is so good!  It's still really hot,,, so I'll TRY to give it a couple days and see what it really tastes like.  This is one of those recipes where the flavors need time to work together and improve with age.

Would you like the recipe?  I know you would!!!  Just click on this line to get there. 

I followed the recipe except I accidentally put too much chopped candied ginger in.  Oh Oh!  LOL!  I LOVE that stuff.  Around here I eat it like candy.  There isn't a lot of sugar in this recipe.  For me, that's perfect.  It has a nice "thick" molasses flavor.  I LOVE that.

You could frost this.  I love my gingerbread without all the extra sugar.  BUT!  This would be great with a nice buttercream frosting.  Maybe a little lemon or orange peel in that.  YUM!  Give this a try.  You will not be disappointed!

2 comments:

  1. I subscribe to her recipes. She always has some good ones. Looks fantastic. I have a ton of Japanese Persimmons and I think I'm going to make a loaf out of some of them.

    Get you some fishermen's gear. We have Frog Toggs. The light jacket and pants are waterproof and not too expensive.

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I just found her. This is SO GOOD! Fisherman's gear? For what? Water? HAHAHA! You don't live in Washington do you. Water is what we live in. It rarely bothers us. It's just crazier than normal is all. The winds were nuts. Trees down every where on every thing! SUCKS!

      Delete