old timer

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

I've Got Garlic Dip Breath YUMMMMMM!

Howdy!

How are ya???  I'm over here in the Northwest in record or near record heat.  Where are you?  Breaking any records?  I've seen some of the weather reports on TV here and I'm so happy I LOVE the rain!  I can not believe some of the snow and storms I see back East.  Hang in there guys!!!

Hey!  With the Seattle Seahawks in the Super Bowl I was thinking of junk food to eat that day.  It's legal and fat free that day.  Tis Too!!!  LOL!

Here's an amazing garlic dip recipe that never fails to win the hearts and breaths of every one who tries it.  Just 5 ingredients.  If you want ,,, you can make it like I do.  How's that?  I don't measure.  Just toss everything in a bowl and mix, pour, bake!  DONE!  I know.  I suck at reading recipes.  tee hee hee!

The only way to mess up this recipe is by NOT putting enough garlic in it.  The Parmesan cheese gives it texture, crunch and a little flavor.

Here we go.  Please forgive the pictures.  Those icky new light bulbs turn all my pictures yellow.  ICK!!!

 
 
5 foods you love to hate!

 
 
Toss it all in a bowl, then throw that in a pie plate.

 
 
I saved a little... sorry, indoor picture!

 
 
OUTDOOR!  A little for me, a little for a friend.
We'll bake these Sunday.

 
Creamy and lumpy!  It's okay.  It's from the parm cheese.

 
 
350* for 40 to 45 minutes ..... OH MY!

 
 
HEAVENLY!!!

 
 

Crunchy crusts!  You know you want to try it!!!

 
 
Just one BIG bite!!!
Can you smell it???

 
 
YEP!  My recycle guys got this today.

 
 
This was all that was left.  Sorry!  Indoor pic!

Here's the recipe:


GARLIC DIP

1 ½ cups mayo

1 ½ cups sour cream

8 ounces cream cheese – softened

3 TBSP minced garlic, not dry (from a jar) OH>>> I like HEAPING TBSPs!!!

2 cups shredded parmesan cheese 

MIX MAYO, SOUR CREAM, CREAM CHEESE IN BOWL. 

ADD MINCED GARLIC AND STIR WELL. 

FOLD IN PARMESAN CHEESE.
 

PLACE IN 9” PIE PLATE

BAKE 350* FOR 40 TO 45 MINUTES OR GOLDEN BROWN


You can serve this warm or cold.  I like it either way, but it's delicious straight out of the oven!!!  I eat butter snap pretzels or Wheat Thins with this.  Any type of chip would work, just some better than others.
OH!  It makes a very large batch!  If I don't need this much ... just make half the recipe.  Or,,, well, I kind of put 1/2 the ingredients in.  Like the cream cheese,,, you can buy a 3 ounce block.  Close enough!  Only have 1 cup of Mayo at home,,, close enough.  These changes barely make a difference in the taste. 
 
This stuff is truly amazing.  Give it a try...

ENJOY!
 
 



1 comment: