old timer

Monday, May 11, 2015

Birdhouses and Fairies For Your Garden

Hello!!!

Well ,,,, I'm still watching hockey.  What can I say ???  It keeps this old lady happy!!!  YAY!!!  Holtby ,,, HOLTby ,,,, HOLTBY!!!  Dayum that kid has improved this year.

Here's a couple birdhouses. I found some fairies one day in a junk shop and don't ask me why, but, they really caught my attention.  SO!  Yep!  I brought them home.  I think 2 of them are broken too!  BUT!  You'll see.  They are darling!




Each house has a fairy and something
a little special on it.

 
 
A fairy pointing to the birds entrance.

 
 
The bells are part of a wind chime that's been
hanging in my kitchen for a few years.

 
 
All the fairies are supposed to be
showing the birds the way home.

 
 
A peacock drawer handle mounted
on a child's brass tea set saucer.


 
 
There's bling on this little one ...

 
 
and a chandelier.

 
 
This fairy is calling the birds.

 
 
Brass gingerbread at the roof line.


Every year I build a hand full of bird houses.  They are something I love to make.  I have pretty good luck getting birds into my houses.  Why?  I don't honestly know.  I believe it's the wood I use.  It's always old.  It's the hole size.  That's kind of important.  Then ,,, it's where you put the house.  Lower is better to get the little house wrens we have around here.  I get those and chickadees, plus a few other small birds.  I'll build a few more.  No more fairies though.  That was new for me.  Now the question is???  Can I get them to the show before I break them???  LOL!

Have a great week.  Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments: