old timer

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Bowling Anyone? How TO!

Howdy!

Here's a quick little goody for your yard. 

          I LOVE stuff like this!

 
 
Are you a bowler???

 
 
It says Happy Birthday from Leilani Lanes.
  Someone loved bowling!

 
 
On the bottom of the pin is a hole.  Drill it
deeper with a bit the same size as the rod you
would like to insert.  Then HAMMER the
rod in.  I put it in there quite a ways.


I used a 3/8" threaded rod because that was what I had handy.  I drilled the existing hole at least another 2 inches deeper.  Then I took my hammer and pounded that rod in as far as I could get it to go.  I left about 8 to 10 inches of rod hanging out the bottom.  That way you just push the pin down into the dirt and the rod keeps the pin up straight.  None of this has to be exact.  I just picked up a piece of rod that was left over from other projects and used it.   


This is a quick and easy project.   A couple years ago I had 3 of these.  See them here.  I set them up in my booth like the first three pins on the alley.  They sold immediately.  It was fun.  I actually found this one in a garbage can!!!

Yep!  It will be at Sorticulture.

2 comments: