old timer

Friday, May 22, 2015

Survey(or) Says: TILT Goes the Birdhouse

Howdy!  Survey says:  Okay,,, so I started with a tripod from quite a while back.  I'm not sure how old this is.  BUT!  It's pretty old and it's funky!  Instead of the top part being flat so you could put your equipment on it ,,, it's tilted.  SCHWEET!  Just what this artist ordered.  WHY??? 

LOOK .....

 
 
This birdhouse is mounted on
a surveyors? tripod.

 
 
This is what the house would look like on it's side.

 
 
OR standing up like I normally mount them.

 
 
This is holding the knot in the wood.  :)

 
 
This is what the top of the tripod looks like. 
Check out that angle.

 
 
This is the back.

 
 
The top (which is actually the side) has a couple
shakes on it from a neighbors garage they tore down.

 
 
This would normally be the top of the birdhouse.

 
 
The front of the top.

 
 
While I was out there 2 young osprey came by and
played right over the top of me.  They were rolling
around each other and talking like crazy!  FUN!!!

 
 
And my newest pair of birds have their babies in the
bottom hole (follow the arrow) of this house I built
some 10 years ago.  They are only 2 1/2 to 3 feet
off the ground there!!!
                        
I do LOVE birdhouses.  I get pretty lucky getting birds in them.  I really believe it comes down to how high they are off the ground.  This is right next to where I park my truck.  They don't even look at me.

I have 2 more tripods to try.  All 3 are different.  Plus ... OH!  I just picked up a new goody!  If all goes well ... cross your fingers, PLEASE ... I'll show it to you real soon!!!

Yep!  This will be at Sorticulture.  The show starts 3 weeks from today ... EEEKKK!  HA!  It's more like crap ... get it in gear!  LOL!


2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the baby birds in your bird condo. I like it.

    That's gonna be neat on that tripod.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I get babies nearly every year. I love these little guys!

      Delete