old timer

Friday, May 15, 2015

Taking the Torch to the Hypertufa

Torch concrete, hypertufa???  I mean why not ... right?  LOL! 

I was looking at those hairy little suckers I made a while back and knew it was time to have some fun.  SO!  I took out the torch to burn off that hair.  Then I realized I might like the look of burnt concrete. 



Here are the goodies I started out with.
These are all leftover concrete pieces.

 
 
See how hairy they get?

 
 
See the difference in the "holey" look. 
Some smoother than others.
(I'm working on that now!)

 
 
The hairs are a fiber mesh for added strength.

 
 
These are recycled glass hearts.

 
 
Each one of these was made during different batches.

 
 
Notice the different colors of the concrete???

 
ONE OF THESE WAS MADE WITH LEFT
OVER INDIGO DYE WATER. 
 OOPS.  I forgot which one!
 
 
I took the torch to these ,,, you can see
the dark marks on the metal table.

 
 
I like this look!

 
 
The same, but different!  :)'

 
 
The sides of the hearts show the burn marks ...

 
 
more than their tops.

 
 
What do you think???

 
 
Yes????   No????

What do you think of the color??? 

Do they look older?????  or dirty???????? 

Is it worth the hassle to make them look like this???  I'm thinking not ... but???  I know ... that doesn't mean much!!!  HAHAHA!!!

The small hearts will sell at Sorticulture $5 for 13 of them.  A bakers dozen.  Maybe I'll call them a gardeners dozen.  The others will be $1 each!  YAY!!!        




 

4 comments:

  1. I like the look, especially on the rosettes or anything with a lot of texture. Also like the 'gardener's dozen'. Hope ya sell a whole bunch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

      Delete
  2. I like the look too. Neat adding the glass hearts to them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ,,, when I make things I never know what's going to happen. It's so nice when I get a comment or TWO with others thoughts. It all helps.

      Delete