old timer

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Earrings from 1800's Ceiling Tins

Hi guys.

I thought as long as I had the soldering iron out, I'd make me some earrings.  I started with an old rusted ceiling tin that I bought years ago.  I was told these were from the 1880's and came out of a saloon that was in a ghost town in Montana.  FUN!

It's a good story even if it isn't true.  I cut out a small piece.  Cleaned it up a bit.  Wrapped it with copper foil and soldered it.  I cleaned it and put a patina on it.  I poked a hole it in and called it Macaroni ... no wait... sorry!  EARRINGS.

A quick sloppy wire job and they are done.

Simple, sweet and fun to wear.

Juliet is always there to help me.



FUN!

Same idea, just a little different.

This is just 2 cross charms with patina, 2 great
beads, a little wire and the ear wires.  DONE!

I'm off to make some more.  I like these.  Next:  different color and style beads, plus different shaped tin pieces.  FUN!

See ya soon!

2 comments:

  1. I like the rustic look. Beautiful earrings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I hope you are warm and dry!!! Happy Holidays! Shell

      Delete