old timer

Sunday, February 7, 2016

A Few More Etched Pieces

What can I say?  I'm having fun.

Here's a few more pieces of copper and brass that I etched to see what would happen.  

A handful of brass and one copper washer. 
I cleaned the tops, not the bottoms of the brass.

I added one large piece of copper.  Why? 
Not sure.  I was hoping it would "spread" a little
of it's color to the brass.

I added new goo!

You can see here that I didn't really care
about how they laid.

A few seconds later the fluid is darker.

Maybe 2 minutes later it's like looking through
dirty car oil.

Fresh out of the "pot", rinsed and cleaned off.

The backs.

Love this one.  You can see where the washer was.
Yes, I marked both sides of the washer.

PRETTY!  fun too!

copper

is

so

pretty!

brass shells

YES!  Brass gun shells, bullet casings.

These are brass, yet, they have copper coloring on them.
I'm not sure why.  But, I really like it.

OOPS!  I think they were in the etching fluid too long. 


I just found a big picnic basket full of leather belts.  I think I need to rivet a few of these to some of that leather and make a few cuffs!  FUN!!!!

Next?  I'm going to try bending some copper wire into a squiggly line and mount it to some brass banding.  I'm hoping the color of the copper transfers onto the brass.  Cross your fingers!  Please!


THANKS!!!!




                                                  

4 comments:

  1. Very neat. My step daughter uses shell casings to make necklaces that have chains dangling from the shell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't heard from you in a while - that much rugby?
    I always enjoy your work and look forward to your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI! Sorry! Sometimes life just gets in the way. Ya know? Rugby has been wonderful this year and there's plenty of it now that we finally have professional rugby here in the U.S. BUT! It's hockey and the Stanley Cup right now ... LOL! Thank you so much for your note. I'll see what I can do in the next week. How's that??? Thank you again! Shell

      Delete