old timer

Friday, May 6, 2016

SURPRISE!!! HAHAHA! Belts, Belts and More Belts

Hi guys!

SURPRISE!!!  Sorry!  I know it's been a long time.  It's actually been longer than even I thought.  What can I say?  Life got in my way?  It's my only excuse.  A little over a year ago I went to my first NHL Hockey game in Vancouver, Canada.  Well, by day 3 of my trip I could hardly walk.  Pain.  huh!  So,,, October, yep I waited until the end of October, I went to see an orthopedic doc.  She told me I'm ready for a new left hip.  At the same time she told me I have shoulder problems too.  LOL!  I knew that....

Well, now it's 6 months later.  Lots of physical therapy later and I'm still ready for that new hip and a new right hip.  OUCH!  I'm getting by thanks to the bestest massage therapist in the world.   THANK YOU NANCY!  I woke up one morning and realized I hadn't done ANYTHING in those 6 months.  Nothing that's worth talking about.  Maybe 2 weeks later I get this note ... it asked where I've been.  HA!  Lost is all I can say.  Thank you.  All of you who have asked where I've been.  I appreciate it more than you can know!!!   

It's time to get it together.  So, let's start with some leather belts my neighbors sister brought over.  She needs some leather cuffs for her vintage shop she has in Snohomish, WA.  Click on this line for a link to her vintage clothing shop called Monique's Boutique.

Here's what we are going to start with:


Vintage belts and goodies.

Great goodies ....


and more goodies ....

and, yep, more goodies. 
You should see the piles of goodies on my couch. 
LOL!  It's disgustingly wonderful.

We picked through her big box of belts, then a few from
my box of belts to come up with these for starters.

Because she had ideas in her head of what she wanted ....

and I had ideas in my head of what I see and wanted
to make ....  We put tags and pieces on belts so I wouldn't
forget what she wants or we agreed would work.

Now it's time to get something done.  NOW!!!  I'll show you soon.

Thank you again. 

I'll try harder to get this blog up and moving again.  Shell

6 comments:

  1. great to see you creating again...but sorry you've been suffering...hopefully all that hockey kept you occupied that you didn't dwell so much on it...maybe!
    we'll have to get together soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The hockey was and is still GOOD!!! Thank goodness. Visit? Sure!

      Delete
  2. Sorry you have been away and not blogging - fire it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see all is well. Missed you.

    ReplyDelete