old timer

Sunday, June 5, 2016

Something Very New For Me

Hi guys!

I have a thing for taking pictures.  I love to.  Last year when I went to Chicago I bought myself a new "real" digital camera.  I used to use Canons back in the film days.  My eyes can't see like they used too.  SO!  New camera ... all the bells and whistles and that AUTO program.  Yep!  I can set this or the camera can set this.  Sounds great  ....   right???  REALLY?  LOL!  O.M.G.  Who knew a camera could have so MANY hidden tricks!  Not me!!!  BUT!  I'm learning.

SO!  What does this have to do with art ... ????

WATCH!  I'm in love!


This is a picture of the top of a building.  I really liked
the architecture, the American flag and all the cell
towers that are on the tops.


So I cut the picture down a little bit
and opened it up in Photoshop Elements. 
Then I played with it.


And here is my surprise
CHICAGO BUTTERFLY.

I am in love with this.  I've been playing with pictures during hockey games.  Well, today it was so hot I couldn't think of anywhere better to be than right here at home.  I tried out a few different pictures and then this came along!  Nope!  The others didn't even come close to this.  BUT!  My next trip into a city I'll be looking for a picture like the top one or two so I can try this again.

SWEET!!!

By the way.  I got into a "photo club".  I don't honestly know exactly what you would call this.  BUT!  I have to tell you.  This is the first time I have ever paid to be on a website.  I've been online since 1994 and I actually paid to be on a site for photograph contests, challenges and sales.  You can be on here for free or pay for your services in 2 different ways (getting 2 different things).

The name of the site is Viewbug.  You can find them at Viewbug.com and my user name is PICSOFMYWORLD.  I figured for $50 a year I would use this as a class.  A way to learn from those around me.  Trust me when I say ,,, So many of these guys and gals are top class from all around the world.  OMG. 

There is money, trips, equipment and other goodies to be won.  Do I expect to win something?  Hell no!  But, within a week a guy dropped me a note about one of my pictures that changed the way I took my photos.  That was worth the money.

If you want to take a look around ... please do.  If you want to join, let me know.  I'll send you an invite if you leave me your email address either on the comment section below or by dropping me an email reminding me why.  There are points to be had for nearly every thing you do on this site.  Those points earn you the right to put extra photos into contests and challenges.  FUN!

Let me know what you think of my butterfly ... please!!!

Thanks for stopping by!  Shell

4 comments:

  1. that is pretty fantastic! I can see that you are going to have a lot of fun with this - enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am I ever. I want to learn how to play with the pictures I take, making them into something. I just didn't know what until now ... bugs! LOL!

      Delete
  2. I like your butterfly! Sounds like a good site to learn a lot of great things. Keep on clicking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Click is my middle name. LOL! Have a great week!

      Delete